A Special Thank You

This post goes out specifically to CarMax. 

I just have to tell about my experience over this past week.

It all started Sunday.......


I began to drive to LA to escape, a trip I make often. An hour into the trip I turned around and drove home, in 6 years that has never happened....I am so happy it did. 

On Monday my battery light came on, after a knocking noise had started 2 days prior. The car I had was a 2003 Saturn Vue with over 190K miles, I like to road trip....a lot. 

This car had many problems with it, but I owned it completely and had no current hope of getting a new car. I, like most people, have horrible credit, and no savings. I continued to drive my car knowing she would one day give up on me. 

Well, that came to be on Monday. I was left with a non-running car for hours trying to get anything to work. Getting more and more frustrated with each failed attempt. I finally get a tow truck, they take it to their own shop, and after hours of waiting.....the next day, they tell me it's possibly the alternator. They say they aren't sure and want to send it to Findlay Chevrolet. They finally call me to tell me I need to replace the entire computer system, and it's going to cost me over $1000. 

At this point days have gone by, I have been stuck in my home for multiple reasons and I am at a complete loss. 

I decide to just sell the car and get a rental car. Which will cost more than a monthly car payment, but I can't buy a car with all of my stipulations.....or so I thought. 

I contacted CarMax on Wednesday night and they contacted me back right away. I had an appointment set up for the very next day. I was going to tow my car in so they could buy it off of my hands. I was going to look into buying a car, but I had no hope at all. 

While getting my car appraised I decided to look at the SUVs, I ended up finding a newer version of my car, with a lot less miles. 

I decided to see if it would be possible to get said car. I was sitting on pins and needles the entire time. 

The gentleman, Anthony Ranciato, was so unbelievably helpful. He was the nicest person I had dealt with in this entire experience. 

He was very hopeful throughout all of this, even though I was not. 

I had no money for a down payment, and as I stated I have horrible credit, but he told me to just wait and see. 

Finally I got my answer, I was able to get the car I wanted, with my current credit score, no down payment, and a super low interest rate!!!!

I was so relieved, pleased, and surprised I literally started crying!!!!

I could not thank Anthony and CarMax enough!!!!

Share:

0 comments